The Laureus World Sports Awards 2012 are now just four weeks away...
...and we want to know who you think deserves to be victorious on the night.
Of course, it's not an easy task to pick the world's best sportsperson when the Nominees don't even play the same game. So, to make it as easy as possible, you will find all the hopefuls below listed with their greatest achievements and statistics from 2011.
First up in the series is the tightly contested Laureus World Sportsman of the Year category:
- 200 metres: gold (Daegu World Athletics Championship)
- 4x100m relay: gold (Daegu with Jamaica relay team)
- Named in 2011 NBA All-Star Game (10th appearence)
- Named 2011 NBA Finals Most Valuable Player
- Averaged 27.7 points, 8.1 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 21 games in playoffs.
- Tour de France: Winner
- Tour de Romandie: Winner
- Tirreno–Adriatico: Winner
- Helped Barcelona to win five trophies
- Scored the crucial goal in Champions League Final against Manchester United
- Won the Golden Ball at FIFA Club World Cup (and was Man of the Match in the final)
- Ballon d'Or winner 2011 (his third win)
- From 70 games in 2011: Scored 59 goals and 35 completed assists
- Finished 2011 as world No 1
- Ten tournament wins (including three Grand Slams and five masters 1000 series events)
- 70 wins from 76 matches
- Season prize money a record $12,619,803
- 2011 Formula 1 World Champion
- 11 race wins
- 17 podium finishes
- Record number of Championship points in a season (392)
- Record number of pole positions in a season (15)
So, there are all the vital statistics from the most incredible sportsmen of the past year!
Let us know who you think has the most impressive tally of achievements in the box below, or let us know on Twitter by following @LaureusSport.
Come back soon for the next in the head-to-head series: the sportswomen Nominees...